SCIENTIFIC ASPECTS OF
MESSAGES FROM SHREE VASANT
FROM INTUITIVE GUIDANCE
Most of our readers are already familiar with the general aspects of the Fivefold Path: Yajnya, Daana, Tapa, Karma, and Swadhyaaya.
Now, we investigate a little more Daana as the action of giving part of our material resources. According to Master Shree Vasant’s explanation in "Light towards the Divine Path", true Daana meets 5 criteria:
1) You give Daana because it is your duty to do so and you feel grateful to the person that gives you the opportunity to transform your mind.
2) Do not give Daana to achieve name or fame.
It is done anonymously, in secret.
3) Make Daana with a spirit of humility. Both a rich man and a poor man have to give. Likewise, a rich and a poor can receive Daana.
4) Daana must be made with our own income.
5) Give with responsibility.
The person you give must be the appropriate person.
A hungry man is the right person to receive food. If you give Daana to someone whom, according to your believe, probably uses it for wrong purposes, then it is not Daana. Not only will you not have done a good deed, but you will get involved in a bad deed.
Let’s give to Mother Earth
and all her children.
By contributing towards something wrong, you become involved in the crime. If Daana is practiced with a wealthy person, he/she will probably spend that amount on Daana adding something of their own.
If Daana is performed with a poor person, he/she will probably spend it on good works.
If Daana is given to a Saint, you always can be sure that it will be used for the benefit of society. Use your good judgment on these matters.
We have seen that those who do Daana seem to do something like the Miracle of the loaves, which seemed to multiply the bread by sharing them.
Undoubtedly, humble and generous people stand out as great human beings.
1) They neutralize the negative personality (negative ego)
2) Increase detachment
For us, Daana is a Law just like the Law of Karma and the Law of Gravity. Some people do not see this clearly and think that they will have shortcomings if they do Daana.
However, remember that Daana is a LAW. Most people are familiar with the law of Karma, yet few know the Law of Daana.